How To Trade
1. Mint BlueID
BlueID holds all of your credentials and is required to trade Safe Tokens.
In order to trade Safe Tokens, you must first mint a BlueID. You can mint your BlueID by onboarding KYC. The below will take you through Persona’s onboarding process.
- Onboarding KYC takes just a few minutes
- BlueID holds all of your credentials, including a KYC credential
1. Sign in
Go to https://app.goldfinch.finance/verify and connect your wallet.
2. Verify your address & ID
Identify whether you are an individual or entity, U.S. or non-U.S. based, and if you are a U.S. based, whether you are an Accredited Investor or not.
U.S. individual that is NOT an Accredited Investor and non-U.S. individual:
You will be prompted to Verify ID to start the process with Persona (the KYC provider supporting Goldfinch UID). For individuals, you will be asked to upload a passport or national ID document. Passports are highly recommend as Persona currently does not support some forms of national ID documents.
After uploading your ID, you will see the
"Let's make sure it's you" pop-up and you will be prompted to take photos of the front and sides of your face.
That's it! The page should say you have successfully verified your address.
Generally, the address verification process is instant. However, sometimes it can take some time for individuals to get verified.
Entities (both U.S. and non-U.S.) and U.S. Accredited individuals:
You will be promoted to visit the Goldfinch bridge site with Parallel Markets (the KYC/KYB provider supporting Goldfinch UID).
For individuals, you will be asked to upload a passport or national ID document. Passports are highly recommend as Persona currently does not support some forms of national ID documents. Entities will have to supply additional business documentation and information.
After submitting, Parallel Markets will typically process your information within 72 hours.
Once your KYB/KYC and Accreditation (if applicable) are verified, someone from the Goldfinch community will reach out within 24 business hours to collect the wallet address that your UID will be associated with. Once the address is provided, you will receive a second notification with confirmation that you can proceed with minting your UID.
3. Mint your KYC Credential (UID)
Once you have successfully verified your ID in step 2, return to https://app.goldfinch.finance/verify to mint your UID. To do this, click on
"Create UID" and confirm the NFT minting transaction. Note that minting a UID NFT will cost 0.00083 ETH + gas fees. This is to cover the fees incurred by the protocol for conducting an identity verification via Persona, the KYC provider.
That's it! You can now trade Safe Tokens
Currently, the only supported provider is Goldfinch UID which uses non-transferrable NFTs (ERC-1155) as its KYC credential. After completing KYC, your wallet address will be minted a KYC credential (non-transferrable NFT) which will be recognized by Safe Tokens when you trade.
KYC credentials can come in various forms (i.e., non-transferrable NFTs, verifiable credentials) and are cryptographically tied to references stored on-chain.
Goldfinch UID leverages Persona and Parallel Markets to help with the KYC, KYB, and accreditation processes. To read more, click here.
Tips for Persona
- Ensure that the Identification Document (ID) you are using is an ID type that is accepted by Persona
- Passport is strongly recommended as an identification document, since Persona may not recognize some local IDs
- Make sure your ID has a full legal name (given name + surname), a recent picture, your birthdate, and is not expired
- When using a residence permit as an ID, make sure you take pictures of both front and back
- Use a phone or computer to take a picture of your ID and do not run it through an image editing software
- If you have registered on Persona once using a different Ethereum address, you will not be able to register again
- Some older forms of IDs, like domestic passports, may not work
If you still run into issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.